Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Cheap Presents

For the second year in a row, I purchased presents during the summer garage sale season, hid them in the garage and brought them out at Christmas time. I often forget some of the cool toys and books I bought until the wrapping starts. It is so rewarding to gift all kinds of gently used garage sale items not only becuase $20 can go a long way at a garage sale, but also you don't have to deal with all the darn packaging. The few store bought things I gave the kids had som many plastic ties and plastic wrap it made me feel bad for the environment. Not to mention the pile of cardboard I have to take to the recycling center now. Next year I vow to do more secret garage sale-ing (if that is a word) and less store buying. The clean up will be easier, the money issue will be easier and the kids will be just as happy.

No comments: